3 Days in Lisbon, Portugal

7/30/2012

Hello friends!

So I arrived back in the states early Sunday morning due to long flight delays from Rome. I already miss the European atmosphere but I am SO happy to be back with my sweetie! I missed him so much and couldn't wait to see him! :))

Today I'll post about my time in Lisbon; followed by a post on my adventures in Rome!

Lisbon was breathtakingly beautiful! I loved the mix of both new and old architecture along the busy streets. I was staying in a business district within walking distance to the office but did a day of sightseeing on Sunday  (the day I arrived) all around the city! I was pretty tired walking all over since I only got about 2 hours of sleep during my overnight flight but I pushed on to take advantage of my one day to tourist it up!

The highlights of my sightseeing in Lisbon included a beautiful monastery, views from an old tower and the coast, a 175 year old pastry shop, and the stunning statues and architectural elements!


Exterior of Monastery

Interior Courtyard of Monastery

Amazing Architectural Details of Monastery

View from Old Tower in the Middle of the City

View of 25 de Abril Bridge and Cristo-Rei Statue.

Exterior of 175 Year Old Pastry Shop

Delicious Pastries!

Detailed Statue in Courtyard

Intricate Architectural Facade

Monday and Tuesday were spent at the office. We worked very long days since we were had to stick to a tight schedule. After work, we would head straight to lengthy dinners. When I finally got home in the evenings I was so exhausted from the long day that all I did was talk with my family for a little bit and then shower and prepare to do it all over again in the morning. Though I was tired and run down (I ended up getting a sore throat and then a cold) it was all worth it! I loved the city and definitely loved the time that I was fortunate enough to spend there!

Have you ever been to Lisbon? If so, what was your favorite part about the city? I would love to hear about your travels!

Hope you enjoy the photos! :)
Shannon

7 comments:

  1. Helloooo cutest blog ever! :)

    Love all of the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, just thought I would let you know that the people you're replying to, will not see your reply unless they come back and visit this post. If you want them to see your reply you have to reply to them via email. I found that out the hard way, lol.

      Delete
  2. lovely pictures actually my aunt lives in Portugal. I have yet to visit her or even do a Europe tour so I hope I can one day. So one of these I will thanks for sharing your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joelle! I hope you get to take a Euro Trip sooner than later! :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shannon,

    These pictures are b e a utiful! Could you shoot me an email? I wasn't able to find yours on your blog! Thanks!:))

    ali81951@gmail.com
    Ali @ All Things {Pink} & Sparkly

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover