Inspirations for my Vintage Bathroom Remodel!

7/10/2012

Hi all! :) When my boyfriend Aaron and I moved into our town home last October, it was an absolute mess-- but that's okay because we got a great deal since it was a foreclosure! The wall colors were horrific (for example, the living room alone was painted three different colors)! The upstairs of the house was covered in yucky, stained carpet, the kitchen was overwhelmed with bland cabinets and dirty white appliances, and the light fixtures and ceiling fans were all living in the past.

So far, we have done lots of little changes around our house to make it feel more like a home. Every wall in the house was painted! We have spruced up the kitchen with some new stainless steel appliances (which I scored on Craigslist for only $1500! -- Included the fridge, stove, dishwasher, washer, dryer, and pedestals)  and installed a subway tile backsplash along with some trendy handles on the cabinets. My Dad helped us lay down laminate wood floors, and we replaced a few of the ceiling fans (light fixtures are still pending if my indecisive mind can ever decide on any).

Kitchen Before & After



The house is slowly coming together; however, the upstairs bathroom needs some work! This is our next project and is in the planning/purchasing stage as we speak! 

I thought it would be fun to share with you the inspiration for my bathroom as well as the products I have decided to bring into the room!

Here are a few inspiration photos! 

Photo Credit: Monica Buck
I love the idea of an all white bathroom, especially since ours is small and I feel like if everything is white it may create the illusion of a bigger space! Plus, I love the idea of it looking white, clean, and fresh (I better be prepared to scrub some grout lines!) 

Love the Subway tiles used in this bathroom and am planning to do the same tiling in our shower area.

How awesome is this claw foot shower?! Unfortunately not feasible in my small bath, but I do love how this bathroom utilizes the bright pops of color to liven up the space!

Source: Decorator Inside
Also, would kill for this clawfoot tub (and chandelier, and window) in my bath (also not feasible due to space-- but I can dream, right?!)

Definitely want to incorporate this kind of molding/chair rail in our bathroom! It's quite elegant and definitely adds architectural detail to the space!

Love these mirrors! The sinks are super cute too, but not functional to hide.. I mean store all my junk!!

Since the above sinks won't work for me and my pounds of clutter, I am hoping to DIY two of these to store all my junk in! :) LOVE the idea of recycling a vintage dresser into a bathroom vanity. Also love the vessel sink on top!

After the hours I have spent scouring the web for inspiration, I think I know just what I'd like in the bathroom!


So far I have taken the plunge on the floor tile which I HAD TO HAVE!! I ordered this vintage inspired tile for the floors:

I've also been scouring craigslist and my favorite thrift stores to find my vintage dressers that I'll be transforming into vanities! Once I find my dressers, I'll order my vessel sinks and faucets! So exciting!


Ooh yeah, I absolutely love owls and really liked this wallpaper from Anthropologie. I thought it would look nice above the molding/chair rail. What do you think; Worth the splurge at $148 a roll (I would need 2 rolls)? I've already tried to find something similar and less expensive, but no luck as of yet! :( The thrifty girl inside of me would die if I spent $300 on wallpaper alone; maybe I should choose a different print with similar color scheme?

So what do you all think of my inspiration and plans for my vintage inspired bath?
Would love to hear if you had any ideas or advice!

Shannon

P.s. Couldn't resist posting this picture of Jasmine!


10 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my blog today! Love your vintage inspiration!

    Good luck with your remodel!

    Chelsea
    www.heelsandsunkissedcurls.com
    http://lucibelldesigns.storenvy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE! I get a lot of inspiration for our remodel from the HGTV website. We recently finished our kitchen and are working on the living room currently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! This is a good read. You have such an interesting and informative page. I will be looking forward to visit your page again and for your other posts as well. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about bathroom remodeler in your area. I am glad to stop by your site and know more about bathroom remodeler. Keep it up!
    Often, when you purchase a home, some of the most dated rooms in them are the bathrooms. They are also the ones that usually best reflect our own personal daily needs and tastes. The bathroom happens to be the room where the best professional craftsmanship is needed.

    bathroom remodeler in Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a tremendous transformation! Now, look at that pretty, remodeled kitchen! The before-and-after photos look so different from one another. Actually, the only thing they have in common now is the placement of cabinets and countertops. Kudos to you, Shannon! :]

    Chase Conely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could e-mail me?

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa! Your kitchen is stunning, Shannon! You and your boyfriend did a really impressive job with the remodeling. Your kitchen now looks neater, brighter, and incredibly sophisticated compared to its previous look. Nicely done! With regard to your bathroom, I think it would look extremely fabulous if you keep it all white. White has the ability to keep your bathroom looking clean and well sanitized.

    Kip Whitehead

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is not a bad idea to go old school sometimes, especially if it will make your home gorgeous! And I think you chose some pretty good photo-inspiration for your vintage bathroom! Of all the designs you chose, my vote goes to the 8th photo. It looks simple yet very classy. And the brightness of the space is definitely inviting! [Gabrielle Jeromy]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice post, thanks for sharing the information. Keep up the good work.

    bathroom remodeler in wenham

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, it’s a nice one, I have been looking for. Thanks for sharing such informative stuff.Bathroom remodel Lakeville

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow ! Nice theme and all kitchen ideas is so amazed. I really like white cabinet and chairs, All pictures give us unique ideas.Kitchen remodeling Austin

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover