4 days in Rome, Italy

8/02/2012

Happy Thursday Friends!

Since I recently posted my photos from my time in Lisbon, I thought tonight I would post some photos from my adventures in Rome!

I flew into Rome from Lisbon really late on Tuesday night and caught a taxi to the hotel (which was absolutely breathtaking!) I worked in the Rome office Wednesday and Thursday, and since we finished up early, I had ALL day Friday to sight-see!! I decided my best bet was a hop-on hop-off tour bus that took me around to all the touristy areas (this ended up being a fantastic idea since it saved me a lot of time and hassle!)

I had tickets for the Colosseum and Roman Forum as well as the Vatican museum and Sistine Chapel. Everything was so beautiful and intricate; I could have spent an entire day exploring each area!
I also made stops at the Trevi fountain and Spanish Steps! :)

I hope you enjoy the photos!

Me (sorry I look yucky!) at the Vatican museum

Victor Emmanuel II Monument

St. Peter's Basilica 

St. Peter's Square

Beautiful architectural elements 

Colosseum 

 Vatican Museum

Trevi Fountain

Sistine Chapel (this picture does no justice to the beauty of this building)

Don't forget to enter my etsy shop giveaway!

Thanks so much for your interest in my trip! I should be headed back in September, so hopefully I'll find some time to explore the less touristy areas of the cities! :)

xo
Shannon


15 comments:

  1. These are amazing! Definitely want to visit Rome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Rome is such a beautiful city! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow these pictures are so pretty and you look cute in that picture I don't know what you are talking about (; I would love to visit Rome one day when we are financially stable!

    xx
    Dearest Lou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Cecilia! I was actually pretty sweaty from hiking around all day, lol!

      I hope you get to visit Rome, you would love it! There is just so many beautiful places to explore in that city! :)

      Delete
  3. yay shannon! nice to meet you dear! checking out your etsy shop now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! Nice to meet you too!! :) I have a feeling we're going to be good friends!

      Delete
  4. My husband and I want to go to Rome one day. The priest at our church is taking a group in September but we won't be able to go. My husband's mom is going so I'm sure I will get to enjoy her pictures...

    Amy


    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh wow! Definitely have her take lots of photos!! :)

      Delete
  5. I love Rome! I really wish I could go back. It looks like you had a marvelous time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a wonderful time! Rome is just so beautiful!! :) Maybe you will go back one day, you never know! :)

      Delete
  6. Ah these pictures look amazing!!!
    Just found your blog. Love it.
    xx,
    SierraOh, Just Living the Dream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sierra! Thanks so much! :)
      Love your blog, too! :)

      Delete
  7. Wow these are such lovely pictures! Looks like you had a great time; I would love to visit there/live there! Maybe someday I can save up enough money. Lovely blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joy! I had a great time exploring such a wonderful city! I hope you get to make your way there someday! :)

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover