I'm Back!

8/23/2012

**Update: I unfortunately was not the only one interested in the beautiful vintage sideboard! I will have to keep my eyes peeled for something else! :)

Hi everyone!

Sorry I have been MIA.... I have been overwhelmed with projects, traveling, and shopping for my etsy shop ... oh yeah and my real job has been keeping me busy too (how rude!) :) But I am back and ready to share the madness!!

Things we have been focusing on:
We are beginning to purchase things for our bathroom remodel and I am SOOO excited! :) We have finally decided on tile and the overall look we are going for! :)

We are also shopping for new counters in the kitchen!! :) Not sure if we're going with Granite, Solid Surface (like Corian), or Quartz as of yet but we are leaning towards a white/tan stone looking mix! Should be lovely with our white cabinets and laminate wood floors. :)

My current project is duplicating this headboard! I'll be sure to post a detailed tufted headboard tutorial once I complete it! :) 
I'm pretty much modeling the technique after the ottoman that I DIY'd a few months back! :)


I have also been feverishly hunting for a buffet/sideboard for our dining area and think I may have found the perfect contender on Craigslist (for only $50!!)... just waiting to hear back if she's all mine or not! :) If I am lucky enough to bring her home, I plan to give her a nice distressed paint look! In the meanwhile, I am checking my inbox and cell phone like a freakin' mad woman anxiously awaiting a response... I admit it, I am NUTS .. muahahaa! :)

Isn't she lovely? Isn't she wonderful? One in a million....
Okay, I'll stop.

Anyways, I'm off to Goodwill tonight so I'll be sure to post if I find anything totally awesome/can't live another second without/hey Aaron, I know we don't need this but I bought it anyways! :)

Shannon

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sidebar, and best of luck on your project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rose! Sadly, I missed out on the sidebar :( But that just means I get to continue the fun of hunting for one!

      Delete
  2. your headboard is to die for! we just barely moved in to our new place and started decorating it. i need one just like that!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it too! I didn't want to spend $500 though so I'm actually DIYing one! I'll be posting a tutorial once I'm done! :)

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover