One of my go-to recipes that Aaron really likes is Penne a la Vodka. It's quite easy to make and tastes great!
Penne a la Vodka
Serves 4 (or 2 with leftovers) depending on the amount of pasta you make.
- Cook pasta according to box directions (make as much or as little as you'd like).
- In a large skillet pan on medium heat, melt 4 tbs of butter.
- Chop 2 shallots or one small onion and add to simmering butter. Allow to simmer until shallots/onions become translucent.
- Cover the entire top of the onions with ground black pepper.
- Add 1/2 cup vodka and turn the heat up to medium high.
- Allow vodka to cook off, then lower heat back to medium.
- Add red pepper flakes (to taste depending on how spicy you like it. I use a tsp or so).
- Add one jar of your favorite pasta sauce.
- Add 1/2 pint of heavy cream, stir.
- Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer a few minutes longer.
- Serve over pasta with cheese!
If you're looking for a quick, easy meal with simple ingredients, give it a try! You won't be disappointed! :)