Bathroom Remodel -- My Vanity Dilemma

11/08/2012

Alright, I need some help. As I mentioned before, I am really unsure what to do with our vanities. I am bouncing around between a million different ideas and I really need to start thinking about making a decision.

As a memory refresher, here are our current vanities (sorry for the poor quality photos -- the lighting isn't that great in our bathroom)

 

And here are the different options that I am tossing around. :)

1. Re-purpose vintage dressers
I am bouncing around between either mid century modern style, or french provincial. Here are two great candidates for the smaller vanity that I found on craigslist this morning (both are $60).

 
They are both good sizes for the area and are pretty standard "styles" that I think I could easily find a similar match to for the larger vanity.
Either dresser would be painted to better fit the room (and the top coated with a sealant to protect from water splashes).

Here are two inspiration pieces that I am really drawn to:
Dresser Do-Over       White Beaded Board
Source: 1 & 2

2. Buy brand new vanities
This is also an option (though a much more expensive option). My dilemma here is do I go with white vanities, or a wood tone? I'm just not sure what would look best in the space.
Here are a few different vanities that I like:

 

Looking at these vanities, it seems like I am leaning towards cleaner lines and a space for baskets or towels under the drawers (which I think would open up the space a little more than what I have now).

3. Upgrade the existing vanities
My least favorite option would be to keep the vanities we have now, upgrade the counter top, sink, faucet, and add knobs to the cabinets.

Possible counter top options:
allen + roth 31"W x 22"D Desert Gold Granite Vanity Top allen + roth 31-in W x 22-in D Eagle Giallo Quartz Vanity Top

So what do you guys think? I am learning more towards option 1 or 2 rather than option 3. Any suggestions from you guys on what you think would work best?

Have a wonderful Thursday!

xx, Shannon

11 comments:

  1. Hello!

    Love your blog! Would you also like my pages? THX! :-D

    http://snaarabaarabijoux.blogspot.be/
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/SnaaraBaaraBijoux
    https://www.facebook.com/SnaaraBaaraBijoux
    https://twitter.com/SnaaraBaara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would opt for the first vanity in which you liked to re-purpose, but I have no experience with re-purposing a vanity. If you can do that, then I would definitely go with that option. By the way I think a white vanity would be a great color to your bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your input Denysia! :) I like the idea of white, too!

      Delete
  3. that is such a big project! i can never make big decisions like that - we tried to remodel our bathroom when we owned our house and just never found the tame. all of thes eoptions look great

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, you're telling me! I am so indecisive! haha!

      Delete
  4. I love the color of the sink and how it looks with the color of the walls.


    By
    Paulo Trindade
    Bathroom Remodeling Arlington VA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Work you done are perfectly good..After remodel thats look so beautiful..keep going..

    Bathroom remodel

    ReplyDelete
  6. The usage of color in the bathroom is fantastic.




    beautiful bathrooms

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your ideas! I'm drawn to the repurposed/distressed white dresser as a vanity, although I couldn't offer the slightest bit of help on how you would achieve that :) The best part about using the dresser would be all of the storage!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely! Go for the vintage dresser! The white one is better. Not only is it cost-saving, but it is also very stylish. Why not install vinyl tiles on top of the dresser instead of top coat with a sealant? It’s something I tried on my countertop in the kitchen, and it works perfectly protecting my cabinets from water splashes.

    William Gulliver

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pink color cupboard that you have placed in the bathroom is enhancing the beauty of the bathroom.

    ada bathroom

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover