This DIY Pinecone Wreath is very simple and doesn't require purchasing too many supplies -- hopefully you have a wire hanger lying around and some pinecones in your backyard. :)
Project Inspiration: here
Necessary Supplies: Pinecones, Wire hanger, Hot glue, Beads
Optional Supplies: Burlap, Ribbon, any Extra Embellishments
1. Take your wire hanger and form it into a circle.
2. Use your hot glue gun to attach a bead to the bottom of each pinecone.
3. Once the beads are set, slide the pinecones onto the hanger. Use as little or as many pinecones as you'd like. I wanted my wreath to be minimal so I did my pinecones in a single row.
4. Once all your pinecones are strung through the hanger, arrange them how you'd like them to sit. I then used some hotglue to attach each pinecone together so that they don't shift when I hang up the wreath.
5. Retwist the top of your hanger to secure your pinecones.
6. Attach burlap, fabric, or ribbon to the top in order to hide the hanger and to hang the wreath.
Add any optional embellishments you'd like. :) You could even add glitter or spray paint to your wreath, be creative! :)
7. Hang and make all of your neighbors jealous! :) I just used my staple gun to staple the burlap ribbon to the top of my front door.
Yay! A simple project that looks great and adds a little Christmas cheer. :) As a bonus, I used cinnamon scented pinecones so my front entryway smells delicious! :)
Check back tomorrow for day 2's project of the 12 DIY Days of Christmas! :)
P.s. I'm linking up here!