DIY Pinecone Wreath -- 12 DIY Days of Christmas

12/02/2012

This DIY Pinecone Wreath is very simple and doesn't require purchasing too many supplies -- hopefully you have a wire hanger lying around and some pinecones in your backyard. :)



Project Inspiration: here

Necessary Supplies: Pinecones, Wire hanger, Hot glue, Beads
Optional Supplies: Burlap, Ribbon, any Extra Embellishments

1. Take your wire hanger and form it into a circle.

2. Use your hot glue gun to attach a bead to the bottom of each pinecone.



3. Once the beads are set, slide the pinecones onto the hanger. Use as little or as many pinecones as you'd like. I wanted my wreath to be minimal so I did my pinecones in a single row.



4. Once all your pinecones are strung through the hanger, arrange them how you'd like them to sit. I then used some hotglue to attach each pinecone together so that they don't shift when I hang up the wreath.

5. Retwist the top of your hanger to secure your pinecones.

6. Attach burlap, fabric, or ribbon to the top in order to hide the hanger and to hang the wreath.
Add any optional embellishments you'd like. :) You could even add glitter or spray paint to your wreath, be creative! :)

7. Hang and make all of your neighbors jealous! :) I just used my staple gun to staple the burlap ribbon to the top of my front door.




Yay! A simple project that looks great and adds a little Christmas cheer. :) As a bonus, I used cinnamon scented pinecones so my front entryway smells delicious! :)

Check back tomorrow for day 2's project of the 12 DIY Days of Christmas! :)



xx, Shannon

P.s. I'm linking up here!

15 comments:

  1. This is genius and I love it. And I am pinning it. THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! :) It was super simple, give it a try!

      Delete
  2. Super cute idea! I am doing Twelve Days of DIY's too - www.shelleysarina.blogspot.com

    Cheers,
    Messy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Messy! Love your cinnamon ornaments!

      Delete
  3. love it!!! such a great idea, might try this out this week :)

    kelly elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be sure to let me know if you do! :)

      Delete
  4. I love this DIY. Seems pretty simple and so festive! I can't wait to see what else you have in store.
    Carlee
    Almost Endearing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carlee! :) It sure was fun making all these projects! :)

      Delete
  5. I think I could handle this! Love your pretty blog, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie! Let me know if you decide to tackle this one!

      Delete
  6. Hi Shannon, just found your cute blog after you commented on my yarn wreath. I love your blog and your photography! I am your newest follower :) Ps, what kind of camera do you use? I'm in the market for one at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Veronica! :) Thank you so much for the kind words! I currently use a Nikon d3000 and my favorite lens to use is my 35 mm! :) Hope this helps and feel free to send me a message if you have any other camera related questions! :) Glad to have you here!

      Shannon

      Delete
  7. That looks great! What a clever (and frugal) idea! Following you on twitter!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover