DIY Place card & Party Favor In One -- 12 DIY Days of Christmas

12/10/2012

I really love this DIY because it serves two purposes and turned out really well! I have to admit that going into this project, I really didn't have a plan, I sort of just figured it out as I went!


DIY Place card & Party Favor In One

Necessary Supplies: Mini Paint Can (I found mine on clearance at Michaels and saw some in the dollar section at Target!), Wrapping Paper, Ribbon,  Tissue Paper, Mod Podge, Cardstock, Marker
Optional Supplies: Cookies, Candy, etc.



1. Measure your mini paint can to determine the size of wrapping paper you need to fit on the inside of the can.

2. Cut the paper to size and insert inside the can. My plan was to Mod Podge this but it actually didn't need it!

3. Cut a circular piece of wrapping paper to fit in the top of the lid. Mod Podge this to the top. Add an extra layer or two on top of the paper so it's glossy and durable.



4. Cut a piece of cardstock into the shape of a gift tag (I used my Cricut here). Write the name of your recipient on the tag and attach it to the handle with ribbon.



5. Place some tissue inside of the paint can, fill with goodies, and secure lid! My goodie of choice was cookies -- Aaron's fav! :)



6. Place on table in front of each table setting in order to act as both a place card and a party favor! :)



I really love how this turned out! The mini paint can is the perfect size for 3 or 4 homemade cookies and looks great on the table! :) I even love how the paint can included a  littlewasher on the handle so that you can open the lid with ease. :)

What do you guys think, cute right?! Have you been working on any DIY's lately? Please share if you have been! :)



We are off to NYC today!! Yayyy!! I'll be posting updates and DIY's while away and will definitely be sharing lots of pics on Instagram! Follow along @fabvintage. :)

xx, Shannon

Linked up:
Frugal Crafty Home

4 comments:

  1. Those are adorable! I have been working on stuff like crazy, but haven't had much time to blog. I can't wait for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I'm not nearly as creative as you, but I am planning on making some homemade dog treats for the dog-lovers in our family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see what you did with those containers! I have been checking out the ones at Target was not sure how I wanted to use it. Love your creativity! The containers look great! :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are awesome and such a great idea. in love <3

    <3 kelly

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover