I really love this DIY because it serves two purposes and turned out really well! I have to admit that going into this project, I really didn't have a plan, I sort of just figured it out as I went!
DIY Place card & Party Favor In One
Necessary Supplies: Mini Paint Can (I found mine on clearance at Michaels and saw some in the dollar section at Target!), Wrapping Paper, Ribbon, Tissue Paper, Mod Podge, Cardstock, Marker
Optional Supplies: Cookies, Candy, etc.
1. Measure your mini paint can to determine the size of wrapping paper you need to fit on the inside of the can.
2. Cut the paper to size and insert inside the can. My plan was to Mod Podge this but it actually didn't need it!
3. Cut a circular piece of wrapping paper to fit in the top of the lid. Mod Podge this to the top. Add an extra layer or two on top of the paper so it's glossy and durable.
4. Cut a piece of cardstock into the shape of a gift tag (I used my Cricut here). Write the name of your recipient on the tag and attach it to the handle with ribbon.
5. Place some tissue inside of the paint can, fill with goodies, and secure lid! My goodie of choice was cookies -- Aaron's fav! :)
6. Place on table in front of each table setting in order to act as both a place card and a party favor! :)
I really love how this turned out! The mini paint can is the perfect size for 3 or 4 homemade cookies and looks great on the table! :) I even love how the paint can included a littlewasher on the handle so that you can open the lid with ease. :)
What do you guys think, cute right?! Have you been working on any DIY's lately? Please share if you have been! :)
We are off to NYC today!! Yayyy!! I'll be posting updates and DIY's while away and will definitely be sharing lots of pics on Instagram! Follow along @fabvintage. :)
Frugal Crafty Home
Frugal Crafty Home