DIY Pom Pom Garland -- 12 DIY Days of Christmas

12/05/2012

Happy Humpday! We're halfway to the weekend -- Hooray!! On the other hand.. December is literally flying by and I still have so much Christmas shopping to do... ahhh!

If you're as busy as I am at this time of year, then this DIY project is for you! This project was SO simple, took very little time, and was quite inexpensive (I think I spent $3 and had plenty supplies leftover).




DIY Pom Pom Garland Tutorial

Necessary Supplies: Yarn/Wool/Felt Balls, Strong Thread or Fishing Line, Long Needle (I used a 4 inch upholstery needle)



1. Take a look at all of your yarn balls to get an idea of how many you have of each color and size. I sorted mine into piles so I could make sure I had enough for the patterns I came up with.

2. Thread your needle just as you ordinarily would and tie it off at the end (I did a double knot). Use as much or as little thread as you'd like depending on how you plan to use your garland.

3. Begin passing the needle through the center of your yarn balls, and sliding them down the thread, placing them as close or as far from each other as you'd like. The spacing is entirely up to you!



4. After you have placed all your yarn balls on the thread, tie a double knot to secure the garland.

5. Hang and enjoy! :)




So what do you think?! Super easy, right?! I love how this garland is kitschy and I love it displayed both on my little china cupboard and on my little Christmas tree. Next time I do this, I may use fishing line so that the thread is not visible against the tree. :)

Please do share if you decide to make your own Pom pom garland! :)

Check back for Day 4 of the 12 DIY Days of Christmas tomorrow! :)


xx, Shannon


14 comments:

  1. this is sooo cute
    I'm a new reader of your blog!
    would be happy if you would check out my blog (: ♥

    http://annisherzchen.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annika! Very cute blog! Unfortunately I can't read German so I could only look at photos! :)

      Delete
  2. I love it! I just made a garland with cotton balls for my fireplace mantel :) I think the pom poms are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh great idea with cotton balls!! :) I'll have to remember that next time!

      Delete
  3. I did something like this for my son's birthday party last year and now it's hanging in his room. I think it looks so fun and festive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I bet these would look super cute at a party!

      Delete
  4. What a great series for Christmas! I've never made pompoms before, but I'm thinking I need to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I love the simplicity behind this decoration, yet it still looks great for an easy decoration piece.

    M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love simple projects too!! :) Thanks M!

      Delete
  6. I absolutely adore this cute DIY! SO simple and such a lovely addition to the tree. And, your photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pom poms are so cute! Love this DIY - so inspired. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really cute! Love it on your hutch as it really shines. Thanks for sharing and happy holidays, liz

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover