New Year's Resolutions

1/04/2013

Hi everyone, Happy New Year!

I seriously have been slacking in the blog department the past couple of weeks. We went on vacation, and I came home and woke up sick the next day. I felt completely out of it for about a week or so and then before I knew it, it was Christmas morning. I am just now finally getting back into the swing of things, catching up on emails, putting away Christmas decorations, etc. Isn't it funny how we go on vacation and then need a second vacation just to catch up from the week we missed? C'est la vie!

Anywho, I took a persuasion seminar in grad school that I felt really hit home to me. One of the topics I remember discussing was that writing things down makes you some % (I can't remember exact figures) more likely to complete the tasks. We discussed that the process of writing our goals down and sharing them with others, makes us feel more accountable for those goals -- thus, making us more likely to achieve them! Somehow I am bringing this tangent home by saying, I feel that if I write down my 2013 goals, resolutions, ideas.. whatever you want to call them, and share them with you all that I will be more likely to accomplish them through the year. :) This is right up my alley! I am a list maker to the nth degree! I make lists at work, at home, when traveling, planning, shopping. You name the activity, I probably prepare for it with a list. So, with that being said... here's a short and sweet list of my 2013 goals.


1. Focus more on developing a Healthy Work-Life Balance
2. Be less Condescending
3. Study/Speak/Read/Write French again (+1 for me with the "c'est la vie" above, wooo!)
4. Try new Foods, Eat better, and Exercise more
5. Grow my Business
6. Read more Books, Watch less TV
7. Dedicate more time to Volunteering

So, now that I've committed myself to accomplishing these goals by jotting them down for the world to see, what about you? What are your goals for 2013? Are you also planning to read more and watch less? Do you also wish to eat better and exercise more? Spill the beans!

xx, Shannon

P.s. I changed the site design again. I know, I know. I just can't help myself! :)
Need to spruce up your blog? Check out my portfolio & shop!

1 comment:

  1. I totally believe in the idea that writing goals down makes us more likely to achieve them! Probably why I am a list lover as well :)

    You've set some great 2013 goals, and I look forward to following the progress!

    I'll admit Im not really big on resolutions... So, the only goal I really set for myself this year was to work on crossing things off my 101 in 1001 list.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover