To My Sweetheart

2/14/2013

Valentine's day isn't a favorite holiday of mine, it doesn't even rank in my top 5... I actually prefer Christmas, Birthdays, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and the 4th of July! Yet, Valentine's day always holds a fond place in my heart. I like the idea of a day dedicated to love and public displays of affection (I'm not talking about making out in the middle of the streets... though I do believe that would be acceptable today) *wink wink Aaron*. Just kidding mom. I'm talking about the flowers, the cards, the chocolates, the compliments, the smiles, etc! It's not everyday that you see people prancing around because they're getting all gussied up for a fun date, friends full of pride because they were just delivered a vase filled with pretty red roses, and people bragging left and right about what their sweetie did just for them. Valentine's day is one of those days where you should just feel happy. It's a day where you can be all mushy gushy with your family and friends, and no one thinks you're a sappy weirdo!!

So to my family and friends, I wish you this today, on this day of love.

Enjoy your time today with whomever you choose to spend it with; whether it be your husband, boyfriend, girlfriend, best pal, co-worker, sister, child, grandma, neighbor, dog, whomever! Take a second to let them know that you love them. That they light up your world. That they really are the peanut butter to your jelly. You don't have to buy a box of chocolates to show someone you love them; sometimes the sweetest gift you can give are the true feelings that lie in your heart.

With that said,
I love you Aaron. You're my best friend, and as far as I'm concerned, you make the world go round. :)






xx, Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover