How Do You Juggle it All?

3/28/2013

So, if you haven't caught the drift. I am freakin' busy! Pardon my bluntness but its the truth!

I get to work at 7 am (to support all of my international projects/calls/meetings) and then leave at 4/4:30ish. On the nights that Aaron is working, I have about 1 hour to spend with him before he has to leave for the night. These are the nights when I'm the busiest. Once he's out the door, I hop on the computer to work on blog designs, coding, etc., and don't leave from my seat until 11/11:30ish -- I do this so that I can spend Aaron's off days with him, you know enjoying each other's company like normal people! I take a shower, go sleep a few hours, and then wake up and do it all over again.

Juggling two jobs is a lot of work, and some days I really just want to sit on the couch and do nothing. Absolutely nothing... besides maybe watching some tv (hopefully COPS is on, then Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy, and How I Met Your Mother/Criminal Minds/Big Bang Theory.. I am a creature of habit), snacking on some goodies, all while working on my own blog! It would be nice to write a few blog posts ahead of time every once in awhile. :)

I've thought about taking a break from blog designs, but I just can't get myself to do that. I seriously LOVE that work. I get to use my creativity and work with some really awesome people to help them make their websites the best they can be. Why would I not want to do that?!

So, what I'm really asking for is this:
How do you ladies do it? How do you juggle so much, and still have a little time for yourself? I'm sure there are SO many of you out there that are busier than me, with kids to look after, a family to feed, and a job to do. Please, tell me your secrets! 

xx, Shannon

P.s. For now, I'm going to try to just Keep Calm, and Smile. :) Couldn't hurt, right?


5 comments:

  1. I have the same problem. I go long periods without blogging because I don't have time. It's extremely frustrating. The only time I even have to read other blogs is during breakfast. I hop on my computer and read while I eat. That's like 10 mins, tops. I need their secrets too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any tips. I wonder the same things- always have! I worked two jobs for so long and it was hard- but it paid for itself now that I can be a stay at home mom! But I also want to have a part time photography business and I just haven't figured out where the balance is yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always tell people I don't sleep and then laugh, but it's mostly true. I don't work, but I think staying home with my son all day results in much bigger messes and less time to clean them. So yeah... I don't really have any advice! ha! Good luck with it though!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spend around 12+ hours on my laptop working on projects, and it gets tiring, but I think it's worth it, because I'm doing something I really love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe your blog design business will get so busy that you can quit your day job! I think it helps to evaluate what's most important and then cut out all the other stuff - there's never enough time for everything!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover