Living Room Updates -- New Couch

3/04/2013

As I mentioned in my living room ideas post, we have received our new couch! :) Remember when I first introduced the couch back in January? Well, it took about 3 weeks to get here, and now I am finally sharing how it looks in our space! You know, since I like to be fashionably late, and I decided it would be a great idea to paint practically the entire house! I know.. I'm pretty much a genius. 0:)

Well, I think it's safe to say I absolutely LOVE it! I've pretty much been petting it non-stop; the cats are getting jealous! It looks amazing in the living room, its so nice and structured (not frumpy like our last couch), and is actually quite comfy! :)  Plus the fact that I got it 50% off pretty much seals the deal. It's still available at West Elm if you're interested. :)

Okay, enough chit chat -- Here she is in all of her glory!



Stop drooling.




As a reminder, heres our old couch (which we sold on Craigslist for only $150 less than what we originally paid 2 years ago!!) -- I hated how the cushions didn't hold their shape very well -- which is why there are 3 million pillows on it. :)


The lines of the new couch are perfect, and so much more my style. I love the tufting, I love the legs, the color, the fabric -- everything!

We're still shopping around for a mate or two? for the couch. Not sure if we want to get a loveseat or two chairs. I'll have to keep brainstorming here.

I seriously worked like a crazy woman this weekend while Aaron was at work/sleeping -- I'm pretty sure he's loving this whole go to work and come home to all the projects being finished thing -- I think he planned this.. I'm onto you Aaron. As a result, our living room projects are starting to be checked off!! I'll be sharing all the details this week, so be sure to check back! 

So what did you do this weekend? Tackle any projects? Have you purchased any furniture lately? 

xx, Shannon

6 comments:

  1. looks great! i can't wait to get a more structure couch too since our cushions are getting squashed by dog butts haha.
    -- jackiejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely LOVE the couch with those amazing pillows. You've got great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I love those black and white pillows!
    Jillian - PS, if you have a moment, I'd love to invite you to come check out the giveaway we're hosting for a $50.00 gift card to Shabby Apple!
    http://epic-thread.blogspot.com/2013/03/shabby-apple-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, she is a beauty. Congrats on a great find!

    -Chelsea
    chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It it good that you got a simple yet workable sofa! With that, you can play around with colors and pillows to make it look different every time you feel like changing it! Practical and stylish move!

    Patrick Tan

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover