Living Room Updates -- New Rug

3/21/2013

So I promised not to disappear again and what did I do? I disappeared. Long story short (I'll share the long story tomorrow), I went to NC to visit my parents this weekend, my flight home was delayed, I was trapped in the smallest airport known to man, I missed my connection, had to stay the night in a dumpy hotel, missed work on Monday and finally made it home later that afternoon. Sounds like a good time, am I right or am I right?!!

Anyways, I'll share the details of my fun trip -- we stayed on Oak Island and explored the cute city of Southport where they filmed the movie Safe Haven -- tomorrow, but for today.. feast your eyes on my new rug! :)


It's a low pile, wool rug from Rugs USA! I ordered it when they were doing a 50% off sale (which it seems to me like they're almost always doing, so if you're in the market for a rug, don't buy from there unless it is 50% off or more -- I hear they do 75% off for Black Friday!)

I love how it looks with the new couch and I also love how its much more neutral than the old one! Plus, since this one is wool and low pile, and the old one was polyester and high pile (is that the opposite of low pile??), it doesn't get caught and pulled when the cats are acting like ninja warriors and attacking each other on it! They should probably add that to the item description, just sayin'.



Here's the old rug again to refresh your memory. It was colorful and big, but not really fitting the direction I'm going with the space. But do not feel bad for Mr.old rug, he is now happily placed in my guest room/office. :)


And here's a refresher of the living room before I decided to completely change it, HA! Typical me. :)


And as a reminder to myself, here's all of my ideas/hopes/inspiration for the room! I've already tackled a lot of projects, I just need to share them with you guys! I'll be busy typing away this weekend! :)



So what do you guys think? The new rug looks good, right? And even if it's not your style, you gotta love that the cats can totally be ninja warriors on it without me having a catniption... get it conniption, cat-niption HA! Okay, maybe that wasn't a good joke.

xx, Shannon

11 comments:

  1. looove the rug! :) Definitely compliments the color scheme better, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that rug!! so cool. i bought a rug from rugsUSA years ago bc a friend worked there and i got a discount, and i had forgotten all about that place. i'll have to check it out again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh love! I really like the graphic feel you're bringing I to the room. I'm shopping for a dog proof rug (we have a Bernese mountain dog) so if that ones cat scratch-proof, that's great! I'll have to check them out.
    {lamourcheznous.wordpress.com}

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE, love that new rug! It definitely looks fantastic in that room with your new sofa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new look for your living room! And interested in hearing the "long version" of that adventure...yikes!

    -Chelsea
    chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the rug! It fits perfectly with the couch and the walls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First timer here. Love the updated rug. I'll definitely have to keep Rugs USA in mind if I ever need one...thanks for the tip! Visiting from Evolution of Style:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous new rug! do you find it's thick enough to not need a rug pad, or it's super thin?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful new rug! I bought a rug from RugsUSA when they had an epic 80% off sale - love their rugs (and their prices!). What a difference! Thanks for linking up to my Project Party!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover