Spring Pinterest Challenge!

5/02/2013

Who's participating in the Spring Pinterest Challenge?! Katie and Sherry issued this season's challenge yesterday and I am pumped to have an excuse to stop pinning and start doing!!


Last challenge I was inspired by some herb planter boxes I saw on Pinterest and decided to build my own!

This challenge, I have plans on a project for the living room!

I have been obsessively looking for a coffee table, specifically something with a mid mod vibe to it, and I haven't had any luck in my price range. Seriously, I've been stalking Craigslist (don't take that the wrong way HA!) for the perfect piece but just haven't found anything yet... sooooo I'm going to build one! Wooo!! Time for a little power tool action!
Here's my inspiration!
Source
Obviously the third table is my favorite but I'm not sure if I'd be able to DIY that fab brass hardware connecting each table leg (any ideas?!). I think the first table may be more the look that I can accomplish. I absolutely love the tapered legs, and I like that the table is long and narrow (perfect for our 93" sofa!).
Think I can crank this bad boy out by next Wednesday?! I sure hope so!
If you're participating in the challenge, be sure to let me know what you plan on making! :)
xx, Shannon

Image Map

9 comments:

  1. I'm excited too! I might finally have the courage to stencil our entry wall. But building a coffee table? I'm so impressed!
    {lamourcheznous.wordpress.com}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those coffee tables, I'm excited to see how yours turns out! I am hoping to finish up redoing a light fixture the poor [wo]mans way, if my babies will let me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew, that's ambitious but I know you can knock it out! I need to find a pinterest project, quick! :)

    Kelly @ View Along the Way

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found your blog through Brenda's welcome wagon...I'm loving your blog and looking through a lot of posts and pictures! I'll be adding your blog to my blogroll (favorites!). Hope you come by and visit me as well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, great ambition!! Can't wait to see what you do:)
    Krista @thehappyhousie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coming by from Cozy Little House's WWF to say welcome and you have a beautiful blog. Just from the first pages I know you have great style and determination to make it happen. It's a fresh, youthful, savvy look!
    Dewena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you ever end up building one? I'd love to see it! Needing a new coffee table soooooo bad!

    www.livingwithlexie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did build one, though a little different style! You can see it in this post :)
      http://fabulouslyvintage.blogspot.com/2013/08/creating-stylish-first-apartment-on.html

      Delete
    2. Do you have a project plan post on this? We're looking to make one almost exactly like this. I'm most interested in how you got the legs on an angle and how you attached them to the box. Thanks!

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover