House Tour -- Spring 2013 -- Kitchen

6/18/2013

The kitchen is a room that has had some easy upgrades that have really made a huge difference.

Here's the MLS listing photos for the kitchen:



Gotta love the purple and blue color combo they had going on there. I mean, pair that with the awesome fluorescent light and how could you not want to buy this beauty?

A little paint, some cheapo light fixtures (seriously, I stalk the clearance end caps. The pendants were $12 and I spraypainted them the brushed nickel color), and a subway tile backsplash (also cheap) really helped transform this place! Obviously the stainless steel appliances helped too (an AMAZING craigslist find). Moral of the story today, be a stalker. As in a clearance and craigslist stalker, not the other kind.

Here's how it looks today:






The chalkboard wall and ikea cabinet were also great additions! :)

And look how talented my cats are with their self portraits.. clearly looks just like them.

So thats the kitchen as it stands currently. This is the next room we really plan on working on. We want to bring it up to the next level by switching out the countertop (remember that debate? we're leaning towards butcher block), the sink, and faucet.

Just for fun, let's look at an in-between photo of the kitchen:


I don't know what I was thinking with the yellow... I must have been out of my mind!

So, that's the kitchen!

Tomorrow we'll jump back upstairs to the master bedroom!

xx, Shannon

Image Map

10 comments:

  1. Wow that is beautiful! What is the best (most affordable) way to replace the handles on cabinets? I have about 40 to replace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We bought our knobs and pulls on Amazon actually and saved a ton by doing it that way!! I have also used myknobs.com and they have great prices too! :)

      Delete
  2. wow what an improvement. the hardware on the cabinets and the backsplash help out so so much. and the stainless steel appliances too of course. i can't wait to give our kitchen a facelift.
    -- jackie @ jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie!! I feel like kitchen remodels are always the most fun! Can't wait to see what you do to your kitchen!

      Delete
  3. I love your kitchen! Your chalkboard wall is so fun as well. Thanks for inviting us in to take a peak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brandi! Chalk walls are addicting! :)

      Delete
  4. I agree, the grey looks so much better than the yellow! I was once out of my mind and painted my house yellow with a red accent wall. It just yelled, "MCDONALDS!" So I too am in the (7 month process) of painting my yellow walls grey. Can't wait to see your next changes for this room!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimberly!! Ugh, don't you wish someone would have said to us "you're not going to like that yellow in a few months!" Oh well! Live and learn, right?! :)

      Delete
  5. I really like the yellow in the kitchen I am doing mine in a softer buttery shade.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover