2 days and 5 offers later, we're under contract!!

7/17/2013

We're under contract on our townhouse!! 


The MLS listing went live Friday morning, we had 2 showings that afternoon, Saturday we had 4 showings, and Sunday we had 2 more. By Sunday evening, we had received 3 amazing offers; 2 at asking price and 1 ABOVE asking!! :)

Aaron was working and I was seriously so excited that I was running around the house like a maniac! Thankfully my friend was over eating dinner with me because I probably would have lost it without someone to be excited with, HAHA! (Thanks Lorissa!)

Obviously I didn't want to make any decisions until the next day when Aaron was home and we could talk about everything together. Monday morning we got 2 more offers! More than anything I just felt really good that out of the 8 people that viewed my house, 5 liked it so much that they wanted to buy it. :)

It's an awesome feeling and I am so grateful for that!

Monday afternoon we accepted the above asking price offer since it was the best offer all around, not just due to the price! They must have really wanted their offer to look the best because  they were flexible with our closing date (a MUST since we were still house hunting), they didn't even take the $600 home warranty we offered, and they were putting down the most earnest money. Win win all around!

So by Monday evening, we were under contract! :)

YEAHHHHH!!!

Picture me looking 85% like this:

Would be 100% if I was a hairy boy. Which I am not. But still, minor details.

With that being said... we may or may not have also found our next house. :)

THE SUSPENSE!!!

xx, Shannon

Image Map

8 comments:

  1. Not surprised! Do they want it fully-furnished (because I would!)? Congrats!! In this market, that is quite the accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations!! that is so fast and so awesome!! can't wait to hear more about your potential new house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats that is so exciting!

    Manda Wolf @ Our Wolf Den

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha love that gif! congrats to you guys! I've loved seeing all your updates so I'm sure those people are getting a great place and I cannot wait to see what you do with your next place!

    -Chelsea
    chelsandthecity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the kind words ladies!! :) We are so excited for what's next!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, congratulations! I’m sure you’re now very excited to go house hunting! I can totally imagine you doing just what the meme is doing, and I’m laughing so hard. Haha! Anyway, congratulations on the sale, and I’m excited for you guys in building a new home in your new house.


    Julio Oyola

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the sale! It's really hard to be able to sell a house, especially at this time of the year. With today's economy, I think you're making the right choice, being able to sell that house. Anyway, any plans on where you guys are moving to?

    Christine Ordze

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover