We're Selling Our House!!!

7/11/2013

EDIT: The tutorial for my DIY Mid Century Modern Coffee table has been posted! :)

For the first time since the day we moved in 2 years ago, our house looks good. Like, really good. So naturally, like any normal human being, it's time to sell!!
Okay, okay, that's not the only reason it's time to sell.. but it is one of my reasons. :) Aaron may disagree... remember that I'm the project nazi around here; he's just my slave minion sweet boyfriend fiancĂ© (!!!!) that willingly goes along with all my crazy plans. I am one lucky lady.

When we bought our house in 2011, the market in Florida (as well as many other areas) was at an all time low. Like rock bottom. Like Lindsay Lohan circa 2011 always (minus her Parent Trap years -- I liked that movie!!).

We bought our house for 1/2 of what others paid for theirs in the community when the market was up. Granted, it was hideous, but nothing a little TLC couldn't brighten up!
Fast forward 2 years, and lots of projects later (aka now), and this house is looking pretty schnazzy. On top of that, the housing market in Tampa (not sure about other areas?!) is on the rise! Houses are going under contract in weeks rather than months, mortgage rates have risen a point in 1 month alone, and the supply of houses definitely isn't meeting the current demand. 

Combine all these factors, it's time to move on.
AwwWwWwWw a kitty :)

So I am excited to say that our first home is for sale. :) It's kind of bitter-sweet to think about. This little house has been a labor of love so I'll be sad to leave it behind, but at the same time I'm really excited about moving on to something bigger and better! :)

(Yes, I have been hoarding photos of my updated living room for months. Sorry about that!)

Of course we're looking for a fixer-upper, so I am SO EXCITED for some fun renovations to come!

Now we just need to cross our fingers that the place sells! :)
I'm going to share the things we did to get this place ready for the market. I'm also going to share some of the houses we're interested in! GET EXCITED!

Also, since I'm now getting MARRIED! YEAHHHHHH!! I'll be posting some wedding DIY/planning stuff too! :) Hope you don't mind!

So (hopefully) lots of changes in the next few weeks for us! Oooh ooooohhh!!

So glad to have you guys along for the ride! ROADTRIP OH YEAH!

xx, Shannon

EDIT: The tutorial for my DIY Mid Century Modern Coffee table has been posted! :)

Image Map

32 comments:

  1. Your home is beautiful. Good luck with the sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you!!! I can't wait to see the contenders and your new place!

    Congrats and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! We're really excited too!! :)

      Delete
  3. Your home is absolutely gorgeous! Best of luck selling it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Good luck on selling it and we are in the process of trying to get ours up for sale too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Libby! Good luck with yours too!

      Delete
  5. hi! i'm new to your blog, but i LOVE your living room! i was wondering where you got the lighter-colored sofa that sits perpendicularly to your TV? it's so cute and pretty much exactly what we've been looking for. thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!! Thanks so much for the kind words! :) That sofa is from West Elm! It's the Chester Tufted Upholstered Sofa in Oatmeal Pebble Weave!! :)

      http://www.westelm.com/products/chester-tufted-upholsterd-sofa-g497/

      Hope this helps!

      xx, Shannon

      Delete
  6. I just recently listed my house too and am super nervous!! I'm a little jealous of whoever gets to move in and not lift a finger, because my next house is ALSO a fixer upper!! I'm back to square one, but super excited.

    Your home is gorgeous and I'm certain it will sell fast - especially if your market is good! Best of luck - I hope for a quick sale for you.

    Tanya from dans-le-townhouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tanya! I love what you've done with your townhome and can't wait to see what you do with the lake house!! :)

      xx, Shannon

      Delete
  7. So exciting! There's something so hopeful about a fresh start. I'll be following along & would love to see some wedding DIY posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your living room. I have the black and white pillows - so I just need to get some of those pretty floral pillows too, love them. good luck with selling and with finding another great house!
    -- jackie @ jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jackie! The floral ones are Ikea too!! My store was discontinuing them so they were marked down to $3 each! So if you love them, don't wait too long!! :)

      Delete
  9. So exciting!!! I love what you've done with your living room!! Where is that amazing super large print above the desk from? and what is it? :) I am in search of really large (cheap art) and it's so hard to find!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hayley! Thanks so much. :) The large print above the desk was actually a HomeGoods find! It was originally going for $200, but I waited, and waited for it to be marked down to $60 before I took the plunge! Not bad at all for a print that size already framed! When I get home from work I'll see if I can find any more information printed on the back.

      Check HomeGoods, you never know! :)

      Delete
    2. Wow, Homegoods never seems to amaze me - they have such great stuff!! I'll have to check for one next time I am there :) Thanks!

      Delete
  10. your place looks great, i'm sure someone will snap it right up! good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! We are actually about to close on our first home on Monday! So exciting! We locked our mortgage rate just before they shot up by a whole point.
    Good luck with your sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting!!! Good luck with your new place! :) :)

      Delete
  12. I have to ask where you got that living room rug! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindsey :)

      The rug is from Rugs USA! :)

      Delete
  13. Congrats on the the Ten June feature! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Same goes to you! That headboard was a lucky find!

      Delete
  14. I'm new to your blog. What a sweet space! Best of luck with the home sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane! Thanks so much for the kind words! :)

      Delete
  15. The sofa that sits in front of the Tv looks so comfy! Where is it from?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous :)

      That sofa is the Crate and Barrel Lounge and it is SUPER comfy! Best purchase ever!

      Details here:
      http://fabulouslyvintage.blogspot.com/2013/04/living-room-update-second-couch.html

      Thanks!
      Shannon

      Delete
  16. Your reasons are valid enough, Shannon! You really should take advantage of the current trend and sell your house while its value is still at its peak. I'm sure that, even if you sell this beautiful abode, you'll be able to find a much better one. Good luck in the staging process!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good decision selling your home. I know how hard it must be for you seeing as how you've been able to transform your place from a simple, barren house when you got it to a beautiful home that it looks now. I can see how all your projects have naturally paid off to give a very beautiful home. Yet, with the market on the rise, I'm sure you'll make great profit and find yourselves a new home. That's definitely a new canvas for you to express your creativity!

    Christine Ordze

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, your passion for renovation is simply amazing! Most young couples out there would rather live in a perfect house with everything already set for them, but you're definitely not one of them. I can totally relate with you on wanting a fixer-upper for a house, because I believe it gives you more options on making it your own. This was probably a bitter sweet moment for you, but I think you'll have equal or even more success with your new house. Congratualtions on your engagement and wedding, btw!

    Chad Hovde @ BestCollegeStationHomeSearch.com

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover