New House Details

9/20/2013

Now that we're signed, sealed, delivered, all moved in, and living in the chaos that currently is boxes and things everywhere!! I think it's safe to share the details of the new house. :)
Our new house is just shy of 2700 square feet, has 3 bedrooms, 3 baths, an office (which was a 4th bedroom but is currently lacking a closet), formal dining room, eat-in kitchen and living room.
The house is situated on a few acres (eeeeeeeee!!!!!) so you better believe that a veggie garden and chicken coop is in my near future! I even bought this book and this book from Amazon so you know I mean business.

Source

There's a pretty front porch as well as 2 screened in back porches.


And there are various garages/storage sheds/future workshops on the property too!!

I know, it's MASSIVE.

The new house has mainly gross carpet and tile, with a little bit of hardwoods in the entry. We cannot wait to hardwood up that entire house (minus the wet areas)!


The landscaping right now is a little overgrown and crazy since it hasn't been maintained in quite some time, but we've already started tackling that. :)

Oww owwwww!!!

Basically, the house needs a little love but has great bones and is really, truly the perfect house for us.

We seriously cannot believe that this house is ours. I still get excited everytime we pull in the driveway. :) We couldn't be happier.

Thanks for all the support and encouraging words along the way!

Complete House Tour next week!

xx, Shannon

Image Map

23 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous! It's basically my dream house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annabel!! It's our dream house too! :)

      Delete
  2. So while I love the house and I am so excited to see what you do with it, my fave picture is the one with the good looking landscaper. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA Katie! That's my fav pic too! Muahahaha!

      Delete
  3. So happy for you and your husband! Congratulations, Shannon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, what a gorgeous place!! acres?! i hope you get a pony too ;) congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The neighbors behind us have ponies!!!!! I think I will just "borrow" one of theirs, they have like 20 they wouldn't even notice! HAHA!

      Delete
  5. Wow its so pretty! can't wait to see all you do to it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I already have so many ideas!!!

      Delete
  6. I wish homes like this existed in San Antonio. Instead I bought a 2 story house on less than an acre, wah wah wah! Congratulations to you both. I can't wait to see the progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Veronica, don't feel bad! I rarely see houses like this in Florida so we really just lucked out by happening upon a custom built home! Plus your house is gorgeous! AND you have that awesome deck!

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh, this is beautiful!!!! What a great little piece of land too! Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa! The land is one of the best parts!

      Delete
  8. I said this when you first showed a picture of your house, and I can't help but say it again; I can't believe this house is in Tampa! (and on a huge lot... whaat!) Congrats, again. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Isnit it crazy?!!?! Thanks Kimberly!

      Delete
  9. this house is effing amazing shannon!! It's like straight out of a homesgood magazine lol. That chicken coop is my favorite part! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The house is amazing!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Having that feeling that the house is perfect for you and makes you happy just by the thought of owning it, should really mean that you are meant to live there. The whole process has been tiring and time consuming, but it's fun to see that you are very much happy with the purchase. Thank you for sharing the wonderful news with us!

    Blair @ Creb Now

    ReplyDelete
  12. I’ve been drooling at your photos. Gaaah! I must say, you’re really lucky to have a spacious house! It’s like a dream come true, right? I might be months late, but I would like to congratulate you for your second home. I hope you didn't encounter any problem with the paperworks and insurance terms for that place. :)

    Jayson Bass

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover