New House -- Living Room

9/24/2013

Straight through the foyer and past the dining room is the new living room. This room has so many nice features! Built-ins, a double-sided fireplace, and big windows with lots of trim really add character to this room!

At first I wasn't sure about the built-ins and whether they would clash with my furniture and decor, but now I really love them! I don't have nearly enough stuff to really properly style them, but I'm sure that will come with time. :) Goodwill better stock those shelves with every brass figurine humanly possible! MUAHAHAHA!

Here's what the living room looked like before we moved in!




I would love to lose that hearth down the line and try to modernize the fireplace a bit. Kinda like this or this.




Ahhhh!!! This space has so much potential!!

If you follow along on Instagram (@fabvintage) you'll remember what the living room looked like shortly after moving in our furniture!


Everything actually fits well in the space! The slipper chair was previously in our master bedroom and doesn't really match the other couches, but is a good placeholder for now. :)

So what do you think about the living room? How would you recommend styling the built-ins? Books, photos and knick-knacks? Should I hang curtains? Or are they not really necessary? I seriously don't even know where to start!

xx, Shannon

Image Map

5 comments:

  1. I honestly love the fireplace! Your windows are nice too, I probably would only do bamboo shades, there is no reason to cover them up. I think this room needs very little, actually - a coat of paint will make it gorgeous (and I would paint the fireplace bricks white or grey, but that's just moi. :D).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You read my mind lady! Those "bricks" -- they're actually tiles! -- are being painted asap!

      Delete
  2. Oh all of the built-ins are amazing! And so many windows and natural light. It's already looking great! Enjoy your new home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! Love the natural light too!

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover