Our Christmas Mantle

12/04/2013

It's been madness in my household the past month! I started a new job, threw a few parties/gatherings, celebrated Aaron's birthday, hosted Thanksgiving, and of course, worked on the house!

I wanted to share some of our Christmas decorations before chocolate bunnies are in stores (heck, they may already be in stores at this rate!)

I figured I'd start with the mantle since this is the first time we've had one!! In the town home, I always just decorated the staircase! But this year Santy will be squeezing his big behind down the chimney! Whether he likes it or not, muahaha!!

Here's the mantle all decked out for Christmas!


Surprise! We painted the faux brick (they're not actual bricks, they're thin brick-like tiles!) hearth white (BM Simply White in Semi-Gloss)! I think it looks SO much better!

Here's what it looked like before as a reminder (you can also see the old tan walls that are now BM Gray Owl)


I feel like it looks much more modern and streamlined white. Not bad for an hour of my time and leftover paint (aka zip, nada, zero, free… aka my favorite!)!

Here's a few more photos of the Christmas mantle decor






The stockings are from Pottery Barn, the stocking hangers from Homegoods, our deer friend is from White Faux Taxidermy, and the garland from Michaels.

I also decorated the built-ins to the right of the fireplace where our tv sits!



We add to our little Christmas village each year. :) I die for anything in miniatures!

And since our fire place is three-sided, I did a little bit of decorating on the side in the eat-in-kitchen, too! :)


The mirror was a clearance Homegoods find I spray painted gold, and the nutcracker was Homegoods as well. 

So that's our Christmas mantle! Have you guys begun decorating yet? We just finished the outside of the house, it looks A-MAZ-ING! I'll share that tomorrow. :)

xx, Shannon

Image Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover