Our Engagement Photos

1/27/2014

Okay so back in June my main squeeze popped the question.

YES, THE BIG ONE! YES, IT WAS AMAZING! YES, I WAS SO EXCITED! NO, I HAVEN'T PLANNED ANYTHING.

Oops.

Well, seeing as we plan to tie the ol' knot in October of this year, guess it's about time I start planning this thing!

I had this realization about a month ago when family was visiting for Christmas and everyone kept saying "Next year is going to be a BIG one!!" and then looking at me with big smiles or sending me a little wink. That's when it really hit me that I am supposed to be planning a wedding and getting married next this year!

So we got our engagement photos done! Nothing like getting them done 7 months later, am I right?!

Our friend Sam did the photos for us and I couldn't be happier with the results! If you need a creative photographer in the Tampa area, check her out! Here's a few lots of my favorites. :)












Thats the bench where Aaron proposed. :)


Ahhh I love them all! Seriously, these photos were just the kick in the butt I needed to start planning! I would love if you guys had any great wedding resources that you wanted to share! Wedding blogs, magazines, etc! I've been on Pinterest like crazy pinning ideas, feel free to checkout my wedding board here

We'll be touring some venues and securing the church this week. :) I think to keep me on top of things I'm going to share my wedding plan updates on the blog every once in awhile. GUYS, HELP A SISTER OUT! PLEASE KEEP ME IN CHECK!! I don't want to wake up on October 1st thinking that there was something I was supposed to do HAHAHA!

xx, Shannon

Image Map

14 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE your photos! They are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabbi! I was so happy with how they turned out! :)

      Delete
  2. what a doll!!! I mean, you're a doll too, but this is my first time seeing your sweetie! So adorable and y'all are an adorable couple - my fav is the third one from the top - so great! now get t'plannin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe Kelli! Isn't he dreamy! :) My mom loves that one too!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your engagement, your photos are beautiful! Have you checked out the popular website stylemepretty.com? If not, be prepared to be addicted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn! I just checked out Style Me Pretty and WHOA! Thank you so much for the great suggestion!!! :)

      Delete
  4. You're such a beautiful couple! I love how natural the photos look. They feel really candid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Janelle! They were very candid as we just couldn't stop laughing at ourselves, haha! :)

      Delete
  5. Your photo's are great! I love your outfits and my favorite picture is the one of you two facing the camera and holding hands. Your smiles are so big, you can really see how happy you both are. I planned my wedding in 2012 and my favorite wedding sites were Martha Stewart Weddings (I used her wedding tools to keep my guest lists straight and my checklists under control) and Southern Weddings (even if you aren't planning on having a "southern" wedding, they have some great planning suggestions and inspiration). Congratulations again, and happy planning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys look like models! :) I don't have much wedding planning advice - we planned ours in 10 days and spent around $1000 for the whole thing, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOLY. CRAP. I love wedding planning (sidenote) and have planned like, 6. If you need any random advice from Virginia...which I'm sure you don't because you probably have this amazing vision. And it will be lovely. BUT THE FIRST PICTURE WITH THE CHAMBRAY SHIRT AND YOU TWO LOOKING TO THE SIDE. OH MY GOSH, MODELS. YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL TOGETHER.

    Alright, enough of my awkward declarations of love for your engagement photos! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just made my night! Thank you so much for the sweet comment. :)

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover