Building a chicken coop is hard work

3/09/2014

You guys. I suck.

I've been a little quiet on the blog front. This probably has to do with the fact that I am trying to plan my wedding (which, by the way -- holy crap!! -- is a lot of work). You've got tastings, consultations, bridal shows, a bajillion phone calls and emails to keep up with; basically, it's insane and I don't recommend it. Okay, I'm kidding, it's freakin' crazy but it's also SOOO exciting!!!

I can't believe I get to marry my best friend in 7 months!!!!

I owe you all a wedding update.

BUT!

I am writing this tonight to tell you about something else I have been working on like a crazy person.

If you follow along on Instagram (@fabvintage) you've already seen the cutest/newest members of our family!

BABY CHICKENS!!!!!


I KNOW. ADORABLE. I'LL HAVE 1000 MORE PLEASE.


About two weeks later... Getting bigger! But still SOOOO cute I want to stare at them all day.


And taken today. Uhm, still cute but in a motherly love kind of way. HAHA!


My velociraptors chicks need a home. So instead of buying an overpriced, tiny one off these great internets, I decided to build them a chicken coop mansion. From scratch. With wood and screws and power tools.

I had a vision, looked at photos of coops for literally hours each night for a week, and then drew up some sketches and went to town. I really had no idea how the thing would turn out (let alone if it would collapse the first time I stood inside of it), but guys... this thing is the real deal!

Framing out the walls with 2x4s


I literally was thinking to myself "holy crap I actually built this" as I took this photo


Power tools YEAH!



And taken today! Run is taking shape!


Ahhh I can't wait for the coop to be done! :) It feels awesome building something like this with your own hands!

So that's where I've been. I'm hoping to have the coop done in the next week or so, so I'll be sure to check back in then with some more pictures!

Until then, your best bet is to catch me on Instagram sharing pictures and videos of the chicks and coop updates. :) @fabvintage

Any of you guys have chickens or built something like this before? I'd love to hear about it!

xx, Shannon

Image Map

2 comments:

  1. This is seriously awesome!!! I cant wait to see it all done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!! I can't wait to get chickens one day.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover