Mama's Getting New Floors!

11/18/2014

Big news guys. No, GROUND BREAKING news. We're ripping up the carpets, we're pulling up the tile, we're tearing up my heart when I'm with you... wait. 

Basically Beyonce is upgrading us because we're getting new floors!
We knew this day would come eventually. You guys already know how indecisive I am, so choosing a floor to lay in the entire house was kind of a daunting task. It's not like new floors are cheap or easy to change. I mean I can repaint a room 5 times and Aaron will still love like tolerate me but if I laid new floors and 3 months later was feeling sketch about them... I'd be dead.
Sidenote... Aaron did vow at our wedding that he would help me repaint a room... once a month MAX. I can work with that!

Okay, so the day has come that I have finally decided on a floor. I ordered about 47 flooring samples online about 6 months ago and after staring at them all for a really embarrassing amount of time, one of them just kept calling my name. There was something about this particular floor. It was different enough but not too different. And it was a wider plank, which I like. I felt like it fit with the style of our house and also would work with our furniture/decor.

OKAY I know the suspense is killing you. I won't keep you waiting any longer. (PS speaking of suspense, anyone else watching the show Gracepoint? SO SUSPENSEFUL!!!).

Here's a photo from the flooring website. It's called Toklo Provence French Grey.

What do you think?! I really love it!!

I mean realistically anything is an upgrade from our current situation: Dirty carpet and ugly tile with disgusto 1/4" grout lines that seriously won't come clean.

And now that Aaron is married to me and basically has no other choice, of course we're going to DIY the whole process! Ripping out the carpet and tile and laying the new floors ourselves!!! Aaron is SO excited!! #sarcasm Just to make sure I wasn't insane, we had a few people come out to give us quotes on what they would charge to lay the floors and everyone was in the $5000-$7000 range. Uhm, what? Can we drop like 2 or 3 zeros off that number? 

$5000-$7000 is like new countertops in the kitchen or a new bathroom. So I don't care if it takes us 8 weekends and lots of weeknights, I'd much rather put in the time and effort and save the money! :)
So, that being said, the floor is ordered! We don't plan to start any work until after the holidays but come January, it's GO TIME. 

Anyone else lay new floors recently?

I think we all need to jam out to the N'Sync Pandora station now. Yes, let's do that.

xx, Shannon

Image Map

2 comments:

  1. Ummmmmmm that flooring is UH-MAZING!!!! I'm wiping the drool off my computer right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The new floors look amazing! I adore the way they match well with your walls and furniture. Tearing up the previous carpeting and adding those new floors is a perfect home upgrade. I'm glad you went with that decision. Thanks for sharing that, Shannon! All the best to you! :)

    Nathan Riley @ Stanley Steemer

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover