Preparing for Baby Z

8/20/2015

Our biggest DIY project the past few months has been preparing ourselves for our little mystery babe to arrive! Btw I am basically DYING to know if there's a little boy or a little girl in my belly. Eeee! We'll know soon enough!

When I found out I was pregnant back in January, I pretty much received the swiftest kick in the butt EVER! This new 9 month countdown that was suddenly looming over my head was just the motivation I needed to get a project list mapped out and a timeline assigned to each task on the list.

We had BIG goals for the house that we wanted to complete before baby's arrival because let's face it, nothing is happening on the project front here right after baby is born. We'll be too busy snuggling that new little human and I am relatively certain that we will be consumed with laundry (we're cloth diapering) and just trying to stay showered/fed. :)

Here's the big guys I had included on my Before Baby project list:

New floors throughout the house
Tear out living room built-in and re-configure that room's layout
Nursery -- Top to bottom overhaul!
Laundry room makeover
Get the kitty litter moved out of the 3rd bathroom and into the garage (this was huge to me)
Move the dining table to the eat-in kitchen and turn the dining room into my office
Turn old office into 2nd guest bedroom
Spruce up the outside

I am SO happy/relieved to say that with 1 month until baby's due date, we have tackled everything on that list!!

I'm excited to share with you all some of the progress we've made over here! This house looks nothing like it did when we moved in 2 years ago. :) Hope you're as excited to see as I am to share! Stay tuned!!

Oh and just for fun, here are some Instagram pics from the past few months! Be sure to follow along @fabvintage to stay up-to-date with all things house and Baby Z! :)




xx, Shannon

Image Map

3 comments:

  1. Excited to see the house progress! And also to hear if you're having a boy or a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! and you're the cutest little preggers gal!! Can't wait to see the house - and the gender :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover